Run What Ya Brung
Run What Ya Brung - Saturday (VAG ONLY)
Fri 12pm-7pm - £20 for unlimited runs, Sat 9.30am-2.30pm - £15 for unlimited runs
Track opening and competition times are subject to weather and track conditions.
Ever dreamt of being a drag racer? Ever dreamt of being able to go flat-out in your bug without fear of mowing down a child or cat? Ever wondered if you can get more than 50mph out of your campervan while it runs on 3 cylinders? Well now you can! That’s right, the most famous quarter-mile in Europe is open on Friday and Saturday to you: the general public. Provided you have a driving licence and a car (or bus), you should be alright to get on the strip (see rules and regs below). It’s great fun, very addictive, and even the slowest of slow cars are suitable.
There will once again be RWYB competition classes, where we’ll be awarding a trophy to the fastest car in each of the following classes. At the end of the day, you’ll also be able to see how far off the pace you are if you didn’t top the tables.
Class A - Aircooled Cars
Class B - Aircooled Vans
Class C - Watercooled Cars
Class D - Watercooled Vans
Class X - Non Road Legal & All Non VW (Inc VWDRC cars, cars from invited race classes, VAG cars and cars on slicks)
A Video Guide to RWYB:
Run What Ya Brung Rules & Regulations:
- A full valid recognised driving licence is required to sign-on.
- Seat belt is mandatory for your own safety.
- Helmets required for open top cars and vehicles
doing 110 mph or more at the finish line. Arm
straps may be required in open top cars.
- Before you go on to the track you need to
visit the signing on office to sign a declaration
form and pay your signing on fee (£25 for
- RWYB is open to VWs only on Saturday.
Signing on Procedure: Make sure you take your driving licence and cash
for signing on.
- Walk over to the signing on office at the base of the tower.
- Present your driving licence and Signing on fee to the staff in the signing on office.
- Collect your RWYB vouchers, wrist-band, and vehicle movement pass.
- You may now move your vehicle over to the fire-up lane to join the back of the RWYB
- Once you have completed your runs, please
return to your campsite or parking spot.
On Track Procedure:
- Attempt a burnout in the water patch under the
tower when the start line is clear of the previous
pairing. How you do this will depend on whether
your car is front or rear wheel drive. This will help
warm the tyres, and warm the crowd to you!
Don't attempt to burn out in 4WD cars unless you
know what you are doing… something will break!
- Roll up to the start line slowly when the starter
beckons you forward. Try and stay roughly
level with your opponent.
- As your front wheels reach the start line, a pair
of orange bulbs will light on your side of the
starting "tree" This means you are "pre-staged" and you are just inches away from being in the
- Roll forward a fraction more, and another pair
of orange bulbs will light below the first pair.
This means that you are in the right starting
- When both you and your opponent have all
staging lights lit, you are ready to go, so lift you engine revs, and get ready to drop the
clutch…the starting tree lights will flash
orange and then immediately green. Now is the
time to GO! GO! GO!
- Don't worry if you mess it up- the starting
official will help you do the right thing… keep
an eye on him for direction.
- You can collect your timing slip from the signing on office. There is no charge for
collecting your print-outs.
5 RWYB Tips for a Great ET:
- Avoid wheel spin on the run.
- Race on a warm, but not hot engine.
- Change gear as smoothly & quickly as possible.
- Remember to take the handbrake off!!!
- Avoid hitting the rev-limiter.
Find out lots more about Run What Ya Brung at www.rwyb.com.